This won’t take long – I just need to clarify a few things.
Every year, after the Super Bowl (especially when the New England Patriots are involved), I find myself answering the same questions…sometimes to the same people who asked them the previous year.
This year I have decided to write the answers down, that way when future interrogatories start I can simply direct the questioner to this post.
Warning: If you’re a Patriots fan this post may offend you (even though it shouldn’t). If you don’t like football it will probably not interest you…but then again – it just might.
- Yes, I’m from Rhode Island…ipso facto New England
- No, I do not like the New England Patriots
- Not even a little
- Ditto for Tom Brady
- It has absolutely nothing to do with deflate-gate (or any other “gate”)
- No, I do not believe I need to like, support or respect them just because they are my “home team”
- Yes, I can acknowledge the fact that, for the time-being, they are a dynasty
- I believe that, like all teams in all sports, the dynasty will inevitably crumble
- I look forward to that day
- I am a Raiders fan, but it isn’t really important to me
- The reason I am a Raiders fan would probably seem silly to you
- If I tease you about being a fan of any other team, it is meant in jest – don’t take it personally
- I watch the Super Bowl, but if I should happen to miss one I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep
- I don’t give a crap about the commercials either – commercials are commercials
- Yes, some of them are cute, funny, etc…but they’re still commercials
- Regardless of the performer, I have never enjoyed the over-produced spectacle at half-time
- Football, to me, is nothing more than an acceptable way to kill time during the baseball off-season
- I understand that you may not agree with, or even care about, some, or all of these statements
- That’s okay – I probably wouldn’t agree with (or care about) some things that you believe in
- We can still be friends (or siblings, if applicable)
This post is not intended to offend anybody, or start a debate – I posted it strictly in the interest of clarification. I will gladly discuss it with you if you desire, but I won’t argue about it…football just isn’t important enough to me for that.
Is it baseball season yet?
As always – thank you for reading