Check out this picture of my books, posted on facebook by friend, fan and fellow author Susan Toy…
Susan lives on the tiny Caribbean island of Bequia (pronounced Beck-way) and she has been a great supporter of mine, as well as many other independent authors, for as long as I’ve known her.
Recently, despite the fact that she already owns the kindle versions of all of my books, she bought paperback copies of the entire collection and paid for them to be shipped to Bequia – a process that was not only costly, but slooooow.
After posting the above picture, showing my books enjoying a picturesque view of Admiralty Bay, she posted this picture of the collection in their new home on her bookshelf…
…which gave me an idea…time for another contest!
A while back I held a contest to name my mascot.
After the deluge of entries I whittled it down to my favorite ten and let you, the readers, select the winner. (that winning name was Floyd – proposed by Christine Lunney)
So, what’s the new contest – and – how does a picture of my books on a shelf (a shelfie – according to Susan!) figure into it?
I’ll tell you…
The idea is to get the best, most fun and creative picture of my books I can find – and to give you the chance to win amazing prizes!
The contest will be open to anybody who submits a shelfie of my books.
Naturally this means you must first own at least one of my books in paperback version – unless you can snap a picture of somebody else’s copy/copies on a shelf and submit it (with their permission, of course).
The procedure will be as follows:
- The contest begins as soon as you read this (officially January 22, 2015)
- Deadline for entries – February 25, 2015
- Take a picture of at least one of my books on a shelf, or on the hood of your car, or in the refrigerator…the setting is completely up to you. The book(s) can be alone or with other books, or with your cat…whatever you like
- Post the picture on my facebook fan page https://www.facebook.com/BlindoggBooks -OR- if you don’t do facebook, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the deadline I will select my five favorites as finalists – so be creative!
- Followers of my facebook page will then vote for their favorite finalist
- Voting will last for two weeks, ending on March 11, 2015
- The picture with the most votes will be the grand prize winner
- The top runner up will win the second place prize
So – what are the prizes?
The grand prize will be a three part prize…
Part 1 – the winner will get free signed copies of whatever books I have written which they do not already have.
Part 2 – they will receive a free signed copy of every book I ever write.
Part 3 – they will have a character in my next book Full Circle named after them (or named after another person of their choosing).
The runner up will receive a free signed copy of my next novel Full Circle and have a character in the book named after them (or named after another person of their choosing).
And maybe – just maybe – I’ll use the winning picture as the cover photo on my facebook page.
Okay – you have your assignment.
Be creative…have some fun, and get those shelfies in!
As always – thank you for reading