Last year at this time, when Unfinished Business was in the hands of my beta readers, I announced the “First Quasi-Annual Blindogg Books Short Story Contest”. The contest was very successful and I came away with two great stories, which were included in final release of Unfinished Business.
Here we are, a year later (almost to the day) and my newest work is now in the hands of the betas, so that means only one thing…it’s time for the “Second Quasi-Annual Blindogg Books Short Story Contest”.
The contest is pretty simple…I’m looking for two short stories to include in my next book (which has yet to be titled – so we’ll use the working title Protect This for now).
Let’s go over the need to knows:
- The contest is open to anybody.
- Stories must be between 1,500 and 4,000 words.
- Stories can be in any genre (except porn, erotica, etc).
- There are two categories – one winner will be selected from each category
Category one; Theme – the theme of Protect This is “Wanting a better life” so the short story in the theme category will follow that theme.
Category two; Fan fiction – stories in this category can use any theme, but must involve at least three of my regular characters (Ike, Brewski, Didi, Ralph).
- Entries must be received before midnight March 10, 2014
- I will pick five favorites from each category and post them on my blog by March 10 for voting
- Voting will end at midnight March 31, 2014
First prize: The winning story in each category will be published in Protect This (the new novel) and each winning author will receive a free, signed copy of the finished book
Second prize: The authors of the stories with the second highest vote total will receive a free, signed copy of the finished book
- In order to enter the contest, authors must “like” my facebook fan page (https://www.facebook.com/BlindoggBooks)
- All entries remain the property of the author – however, authors grant me permission to print the stories, along with author’s name, as I see fit for promotional purposes. Winning authors grant permission for their stories to be published in Protect This as well
- All submissions must be the original work of the contestant and may not have been previously published
- Entries must be submitted as an attachment in an email to email@example.com
And there it is…if you have any questions please leave them in the form of a comment below so that everybody can see the answer (gotta keep it fair!)